PCI DSS Compliance
As the usage of cards has increased, so have instances of hacking and data breaches. Every once in a while, one comes across news of a major hacking incident that has put details of millions of card holders into the hands of criminals. Such instances are also major embarrassment for the affected organization. To prevent such breaches from recurring and causing millions of dollars of loss to both card users and organizations, PCI DSS has come up with technical and operational guidelines to protect cardholder data. The PCI standard oversees entities, including merchants, issuers, acquirers, service providers, networks, and other organizations that store, process, or transmit Card Holder Data (CHD) and/or Sensitive Authentication Data (SAD).Download Solution Brief
MetricStream PCI DSS Compliance Software Solution
The MetricStream Solution for PCI DSS enables organizations to comply with PCI Council standards. The solution comprises MetricStream apps for comprehensive IT compliance management, vendor risk management, IT policy management, and IT risk management. By enabling multiple stakeholders to have visibility into and control over the PCI DSS compliance process, the solution helps in automating and streamlining the PCI DSS compliance validation process and maximize the security of cardholder data by constantly monitoring and enforcing the use of controls specified in PCI DSS. The solution’s built-in fields capture the status of assets in the CDE, and tells whether or not they are critical based on various parameters. The solution determines appropriate self-assessment questionnaires, and simplifies the definition and classification of merchants like A, A- EP, B, B-IP, C-VT, and C, as per the PCI DSS SAQ instruction guidelines. It also facilitates a workflow-based collaborative approach for managing remediation actions for issues discovered during SAQ, ROC, and AOC submissions and enables merchants to compile and submit required reports to the appropriate acquiring banks and card brands.
- Supports creation of centralized repository of controls and assessment checklists for PCI DSS compliance
- Supports the creation of various levels of organization, business, and technology hierarchies
- Helps identifying the scope of assessments by defining target business units, target PCI tiers, and compliance owners
- Helps determining applicable self-assessment questionnaires, and simplifies the definition and classification of merchants
- Provides comprehensive multilevel review and approval workflows for responses (both online and offline) received from merchants
- Streamlines the process of validating a merchant’s compliance by submitting evidence and ROCs to their acquirer
- Generates reports to track the PCI DSS compliance status
- Proactively remediating issues by identifying non-compliance findings within the Card Holder Data Environment (CDE) from SAQs
We needed a solution that could scale across the organization, and bring together all of our BCM processes and data.