Environmental Health and Safety Management
The April 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill and explosion which snuffed out the lives of 11 men, maimed 17 others, and resulted in one of the most devastating environmental disasters, raises an important question: "Do organizations have strong enough Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) procedures, controls, and systems to prevent similar hazards from occurring?" Every business today has a legal and compliance responsibility to protect the environment, and ensure the health and safety of employees.
Further, tough environmental regulations like the United States' Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) and European Union's Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) govern EHS. Negligence in finding solutions for this complex problem can result in severe consequences ranging from high regulatory penalties, to criminal prosecution, and to even the shutting down of a business.
The Challenges of EHS Management include monitoring compliance with EHS regulations, reducing reputational risk, coping with a changing regulatory environment, managing industry dynamics, and maintaining sustainability. It is therefore in every organization's best interests to implement a sound EHS program with comprehensive policies, robust controls, regular audits, and a proactive approach to identifying and resolving gaps and issues.
MetricStream EHS Management Software Solution
The MetricStream web-based EHS Compliance offers an integrated set of modules, and enables EHS compliance by driving a closed-loop process that radically reduces the risk of safety incidents and environmental non-compliance. The EHS solution is ideal for: Greenhouse Gas Inventory Tracking Solution, Environment Management, Incident Management and Remediation, Audit Management, Document Management, Permit and Filing Tracking, Medical or Health Record Tracking Solution, Material Safety Datasheet (MSDS) Solution, Training Management and Risk Management.
Today organizations need to report incidents, near misses, and hazards to regulatory bodies such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and regional authorities. This is facilitated by MetricStream Incident Management Solution which can be integrated with MetricStream Solutions for Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPA). It helps alert, track and control the route of hazardous substances or practices. Additionally, it supports in preparing reports after testing and certifying materials, products and processes. MetricStream Medical or Health Record Tracking System also allows organizations to comply with a number of regulatory programs for respiratory fitness test exams, hazardous materials, asbestos, audiometric, and OSHA injury-illnesses.
- Helps establish a centralized EHS framework to enhance sustainability management
- Streamlines the process of revising and updating supplier EHS compliance processes, for a quick and agile response to new regulations
- Helps foster a transparent risk culture, define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and gain real-time enterprise-wide visibility into the EHS processes
- Facilitates extensive analysis of EHS compliance data through the in-built reporting system, which is equipped with powerful reports and executive dashboards, and drill down capabilities
- Offers the ability to track HSE and environmental compliance internally as well as externally, i.e. at vendor and factory locations
- Enables organizations to actively monitor the various hazardous waste management processes at factories and suppliers
- Provides automatic notifications to respective users and reporting managers on relevant upcoming events, new regulatory requirements, and gaps in the existing compliance proc
We have established a common point of reference to assess, score, and track sustainability initiatives across suppliers worldwide.