November 09, 2009 | Palo Alto, California: MetricStream Inc., the market leader in enterprise-wide Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) and Quality Management solutions, announced today that its Executive Chairman, Mr. Gunjan Sinha, will join a BoardRoom Dialogue Session on “Leadership and Human Resources” at the fifth Global China Business Meeting of Horasis in Lisbon, Portugal on November 9th and10th , 2009. The meeting is co-hosted by the Portuguese government, represented by Aicep and Turismo de Portugal, as well as several Chinese organizations.
Over 400 leaders will meet under the theme "Globalizing Chinese Firms". The theme reflects the increased emphasis of Chinese firms to build global and sustainable brands. The program will offer multiple means to gain insight from business leaders and key government officials.
At the event, Mr. Sinha will join an elite panel of leaders and executives from Hill & Associates, GT Enterprises, IKEA GreenTech AB, Pan-Pacific Management Institute, Tsinghua Holdings, Roly International Holdings, CDP Group, and Egon Zehnder International. The panel will deliberate on the key stumbling blocks pertaining to Leadership and Human Resources that must be overcome to succeed globally and the practices that make a difference.
Prominent government leaders and business executives participating at the event include:
- José Sócrates, Prime Minister of Portugal
- Luísa Dias Diogo, Prime Minister of Mozambique
- Xanana Gusmao, Prime Minister of Timor Leste
- Jose Maria Neves, Prime Minister of Cabo Verde
- António Luís dos Santos da Costa, Lord Mayor of Lisbon
- Ronnie C. Chan, Chairman, Hang Lung Group, Hong Kong SAR
- Chen Ping, Chairman, TideTime Group, China
- Feng Jun, Chairman, Aigo, China
- Fernando Faria de Oliveira, Chairman, Caixa Geral de Depósitos, Portugal
- David K.P. Li, Chairman, Bank of East Asia, Hong Kong SAR
- Mao Zhenhua, Chairman, China Chengxin International Credit Rating, China
- Ricardo Salgado, Chairman, Banco Espírito Santo, Portugal
- Munir Majid, Chairman, Malaysia Airlines, Malaysia
- John M. Neill, Group Chief Executive Officer, Unipart Group, United Kingdom
- Alessandro Teixeira, President, APEX, Brazil
- Bruno Wu, Chairman, Redrock Capital Group Holdings, China
- Zhou Chenjian, President, Metersbonwe Group, China
- Levin Zhu, Chief Executive Officer, China International Capital Corporation (CIIC), China
The Horasis Global China Business Meeting is the foremost annual gathering of Chinese business leaders and policy makers and their global counterparts. It is held in the recognition that growth strategies within the Sino-global framework require thought leadership and mutually beneficial peer-to-peer networks. The meet is a influential gathering of government, academic and business leaders hosted by Horasis, The Global Visions Community that is the world's leading strategic advisory on long-term scenarios related to globalization, systemic risk and Asian business.
Founded and led by Frank-Jürgen Richter, former Director of the World Economic Forum in charge of Asian affairs and a world authority in international affairs and global business, Geneva-based Horasis guides corporations that envisage growing into global and sustainable organizations. The Horasis Visions Council comprises Jagdish Bhagwati, Professor at Columbia University; Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, former Prime Minister of Malaysia and Jenny Shipley, former Prime Minister of New Zealand, among others luminaries, and provides invaluable insights into future directed strategies on a variety of issues - from the value of systemic risk assessment toward world problems, to ways to foster globalization, to the need for understanding Asia’s future role in the world economy.
Mr. Sinha serves as the Executive Chairman of MetricStream, an organization dedicated to enabling businesses to improve performance through effective Corporate Governance, Risk Management and Regulatory Compliance. Under his leadership, MetricStream has emerged as the market leader in solutions for Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) and Quality Management. Mr. Sinha spoke recently at the Boao Forum for Asia Annual Conference 2009, the premier Asian business and economic forum attended by leading government and business leaders from around the world including the Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao. Mr. Sinha was also recognized as one of the “Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award” winners by the Asian American Business Development Center (AABDC).
Speaking on his participation at the event as a featured speaker, Mr. Sinha said "It is my privilege to be associated with the Horasis Global Visions Community and join this influential forum to discuss China’s ability to reverse the downward trend in global economic growth. As we celebrate the 60th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China, it is an opportune time to reflect on the success of China's 30 years of economic reforms. “