May 14, 2014 | Palo Alto, California: MetricStream’s vision to lead and define the future of Pervasive Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) was brought to life at its annual GRC Summit, which was held from April 29-May 1, 2014 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. Based on the theme “Towards Pervasive GRC”, the Summit brought together leading CEOs, Board Directors, Government Leaders, Business Executives, GRC Practitioners, Industry Analysts, Consultants, and more to discuss the latest challenges, best practices, and trends shaping Governance, Risk, and Compliance.
Setting the tone for the Summit were four inspiring keynote addresses from business and government leaders. William S. Cohen, Former U.S. Secretary of Defense, CEO of the Cohen Group, and Board Director at CBS Corporation shared how proactive risk management and strong corporate governance can support strategic decision-making, and drive business performance. Bernard J. Tyson, Chairman and CEO of Kaiser Permanente discussed the importance of brand and reputation. He shared, “As CEO, the most important asset at the end of the day is the brand and reputation of the organization. Every single thing starts and ends there."
Gunjan Sinha, Executive Chairman of MetricStream shared his vision for the future of Pervasive GRC, recognizing the importance of heroic leadership from MetricStream customers as they continue forward on their GRC Journey, as well as the role of innovative technology in building well-governed, compliant, and risk-aware organizations. Lastly, during her closing keynote address, Dr. Yvonne Cagle, M.D., NASA Astronaut drew on her experiences in risk management and preparation for spaceflight to discuss the rewards that are inherent in every risk.
The Summit also featured several presentations from the industry’s foremost GRC analysts, including French Caldwell, Vice President and Gartner Fellow at Gartner Research, Michael Rasmussen, Chief GRC Pundit at GRC 20/20 Research, and Chris McClean, Principal Analyst and Research Director at Forrester Research. These analysts discussed different facets of GRC including risk management, GRC maturity, GRC program benchmarking, and how to apply the fundamentals of GRC to the rest of the business. John Wheeler, Research Director at Gartner, led a panel discussion on “Operational Risk Management: Driving Business Value” and Chris Ambrose, Research Vice President at Gartner, led a panel discussion on “Third Party Risk: Adopting a Systematic and Collaborative Approach.
Other event highlights included:
- CEO, Board Director, and Business Executive panels spanning topics such as internal audit, operational risk management, enterprise risk management, supplier governance, IT security and risk, regulatory compliance, and corporate compliance and ethics.
- Case study sessions, including a feature presentation from Johnson & Johnson on integrated GRC, which offered attendees the opportunity to hear first-hand accounts of how leading companies are building forward-looking GRC programs.
- MetricStream GRC Workshops, which featured a series of interactive training sessions led by seasoned GRC experts who shared actionable GRC guidelines, methodologies, and best practices.
- Exclusive insight into MetricStream’s product roadmap and vision for the next five years.
- MetricStream Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings, which brought together MetricStream customers and MetricStream domain experts to collaborate and discuss the direction and use of MetricStream products and solutions.
- A Pervasive GRC Experience Center where event attendees could speak with and learn from MetricStream product managers on the latest GRC innovations coming out of MetricStream Labs spanning mobile, cloud, social media, spreadsheets, and more.
During the event, MetricStream announced the integration of MetricStream Applications with Concur®, a leading provider of integrated travel and expense management services. Through the power of the Concur T&E Cloud, this Zaplet application will integrate travel and expense management with audits and compliance management, and will enable Concur and MetricStream customers to capture and manage travel and entertainment transactions, track compliance with relevant regulations and corporate policies, and help reduce incidents of
Also during the event, MetricStream announced a strategic alliance with LexisNexis, a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions. LexisNexis legislative and regulatory content will be integrated with MetricStream’s cloud-based content portal, GRCIntelligence.com, offering customers a single platform that will enable them to stay ahead of regulatory changes.
Commenting on the Summit, Shellye Archambeau, Chief Executive Officer at MetricStream said, “The MetricStream GRC Summit 2014 brought together leading experts in business and government to share their insights, ideas, and best practices, and to engage in a collaborative dialogue about the future of Governance, Risk, and Compliance. We are grateful to all our GRC Summit 2014 speakers and attendees, as well as MetricStream team-members from around the world, who contributed to the event’s success.”
Ms. Archambeau concluded, “We are pleased to announce our upcoming MetricStream GRC Summit 2015, which will take place in Washington DC from May 12-14, 2015.”