June 24, 2009, Palo Alto, California and Bangalore India: MetricStream Inc., the market leader in enterprise-wide Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) and Quality Management solutions, announced today that its Executive Chairman, Mr. Gunjan Sinha, will be a featured speaker at the inaugural Global India Business Meeting of Horasis to be held in Munich, Germany on 28-29 June 2009. The meet is a influential gathering of government, academic and business leaders hosted by Horasis, The Global Visions Community that is the world's leading strategic advisory on long-term scenarios related to globalization, systemic risk and Asian business.
Prominent figures participating at the event include Supachai Panitchpakdi, Secretary-General, UNCTAD, Switzerland; Anand Sharma, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Government of India; Arun Shourie, Former Minister of Disinvestment, Communication and Information Technology, India; B. S. Yeddyurappa, Chief Minister, State of Karnataka, India; Martin Zeil, Deputy Prime Minister, Free State of Bavaria, Germany and several other policy makers and chief executives from some of the region’s largest global corporations.
Founded and led by Frank-Jürgen Richter, former Director of the World Economic Forum in charge of Asian affairs and a world authority in international affairs and global business, Geneva-based Horasis guides corporations that envisage growing into global and sustainable organizations. The Horasis Visions Council comprises Jagdish Bhagwati, Professor at Columbia University; Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, former Prime Minister of Malaysia and Jenny Shipley, former Prime Minister of New Zealand, among others luminaries, and provides invaluable insights into future directed strategies on a variety of issues - from the value of systemic risk assessment toward world problems, to ways to foster globalization, to the need for understanding Asia’s future role in the world economy.
Horasis already hosts the annual Global China Business Meeting of which the fourth edition was held in Barcelona, Spain in November 2008 which also featured Mr. Sinha along with other chief executives to discuss risk management, governance, global competitiveness and the changing financial climate in the context of the financial crisis and the shifting global economic dynamics.
Several topics ranging from Economic Outlook, Entrepreneurship, Overseas Investments, Global Trade and Investments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Innovation, Sustainability and Technology will be discussed in the meet that aims to be the foremost annual gathering of Indian business leaders and their global counterparts. Mr. Sinha will join a Boardroom Dialogue session on the topic “Riding the Next Wave of Financial Services in India” and will share his insights on innovation and strategy for financial services firms - particularly focusing on the need to strengthen governance practices through internal audit, policy and ethics, internal controls and risk management as they face intensified regulatory compliance demands from global mandates such as Basel II and Solvency II as well as region- or country-specific directives.
The event is being co-hosted by the State of Bavaria and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and co-chairs include:
- Prince Abdullah bin Mosa'ad, Chairman, Saudi Paper Manufacturing Co, Saudi Arabia
- Rahul Bajaj, Member of Parliament and Chairman, Bajaj Auto, India
- Peter Bauer, Chief Executive Officer, Infineon, Germany
- Pramod Bhasin, Chief Executive Officer, Genpact, India
- Gerhard Cromme, Chairman, Siemens and ThyssenKrupp, Germany
- Tony Fernandes, Chairman, AirAsia, Malaysia
- Jim Goodnight, Chief Executive Officer, SAS, USA
- Kris Gopalakrishnan, Chief Executive Officer, Infosys, India
- Alan Hassenfeld, Chairman of the Executive Committee, Hasbro, USA
- Liu Jiren, Chairman, Neusoft, China
- Anand Mahindra, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Mahindra & Mahindra, India
- Nasser Munjee, Chairman, Development Credit Bank, India
- Denis Ranque, Chairman, Thales, France
- G V Krishna Reddy, Chairman, GVK Power & Infrastructure, India
- Dhruv M. Sawhney, Chairman, Triveni Engineering & Industries, India
- Harshpati Singhania, Managing Director, JK Paper; President, FICCI, India
Mr. Sinha will join a remarkable line-up of distinguished business leaders speaking at the event including:
- Sanjiv Sidhu, Founder and Chairman Emeritus, i2, USA
- Akhil Gupta, Managing Director, Bharti Enterprises, India
- Alan Rosling, Executive Director, Tata Sons, India
- Gerhard Cromme, Chairman, Siemens and ThyssenKrupp, Germany
- Tom Schick, Executive Vice President, American Express, USA
- Claude Beglé, Chairman, Swiss Post, Switzerland
- Ravi Uppal, President, Global Markets, ABB, Switzerland
- Harsh Mariwala, Chairman, Marico, India
- Sanjiv Bajaj, Managing Director, Bajaj Financial Services, India
- Vinod Mittal, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Ispat Industries, India
- Som Mittal, President, NASSCOM, India
- Girish Paranjpe, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Wipro, India
Mr. Sinha serves as the Executive Chairman of MetricStream, an organization dedicated to enabling businesses to improve performance through effective Corporate Governance, Risk Management and Regulatory Compliance. Under his leadership, MetricStream has emerged as the market leader in solutions for Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) and Quality Management. He is a passionate evangelist of environmental sustainability and drives MetricStream’s agenda of offering solutions for corporate social responsibility (CSR) that address areas such as Green Data Centers, Intelligent Buildings, Smart Cities and Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S). Mr. Sinha spoke recently at the Boao Forum for Asia Annual Conference 2009, the premier Asian business and economic forum attended by leading government and business leaders from around the world including the Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao. Mr. Sinha was also recognized as one of the “Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award” winners by the Asian American Business Development Center (AABDC).
Speaking on his participation at the event as a featured speaker, Mr. Sinha said "It is my privilege to be a part of this influential forum to discuss and define Indian firms' global growth agenda - especially as MetricStream has significant operations and customer base in India.”