Nov 13, 2006 | Redwood Shores, Calif - MetricStream, Inc., a market leader in the enterprise-wide quality and compliance market, today announced ComplianceOnline.com, the leading portal and online community for compliance and quality.
The popular one-stop information source for compliance and quality professionals worldwide, ComplianceOnline.com is used by over a million professionals and is now regarded as one of the most popular destinations for governance, compliance and quality on the web.
ComplianceOnline.com gives MetricStream a way to address the broad $100 BB compliance market, extending beyond enterprise software into content, training and products for professionals. It provides everything the compliance professional needs for professional development and current job execution:
- Comprehensive research on regulations, best practices, articles, news and thought leadership on compliance that are aggregated from some of the best sources on compliance worldwide, including regulatory bodies, publications, corporations, experts and practicing professionals. ComplianceOnline contains thousands of relevant documents covering a broad set of compliance issues, including Governance, Ethics, Risk, FDA, Sarbanes Oxley. FDA, Food Safety, Environmental, FERC/Energy, Quality, ISO 9000, SEC, SOX, etc.
- Online Training webinars on hundreds of specific topics for regulatory professionals worldwide, delivered by industry experts in their specific domains. The webinars are offered both live and on-demand.
- Regular alerts providing time sensitive regulatory, industry and market updates to various subscribers.
- Aggregated library of over 20,000 compliance products available through its commerce channel. These products include standards, checklists, templates, and e-books written and published by industry experts to promote best practices in compliance. For example,ComplianceOnline.com recently added the entire ISO standards repository in digital format via a partnership with the American National Standard Institute (ANSI), the sole U.S. representative of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- A vibrant online community of thousands of professionals who are interacting with each other, asking questions and seeking advice on complex regulatory interpretations on hundreds of different topics in the areas of governance, risk, compliance and quality.
- A highly sophisticated vertical search engine built on proprietary taxonomy specific to governance, risk and compliance, so users can get to relevant information they want quickly. Every piece of content, training, community discussion and product offered on the site is indexed for fast and relevant retrieval.
"By combining our enterprise-level compliance software solutions with an online resource and community for training, content, and best practices, MetricStream addresses both the 'what needs to be done' and the 'how to do it efficiently' of compliance," said Shellye Archambeau, CEO of MetricStream. "ComplianceOnline has emerged as a key part of MetricStream's Enterprise 2.0 strategy. "By combining ComplianceOnline.com with Quality*Stream and Corporate*Stream enterprise application suites into an integrated compliance solution, we have gained significant customer wins and have dramatically increased our momentum in the market place."
"Compliance and quality is a highly fragmented and chaotic market with a spate of regulations, policies, and standards emerging every day. We saw a tremendous need in the market for a comprehensive product offering like ComplianceOnline.com for people to stay abreast of compliance and quality initiatives. Centered around vertical search, the combination of best practices content, 'expert' community-generated content, user participation, online training and regulatory alerts allows us to gain a significant part of the compliance traffic worldwide in a very short amount of timeframe," said Gaurav Kapoor, General Manager of ComplianceOnline.com and CFO of MetricStream. "Our strategy is to continue to partner with the leading experts and organizations in the industry to not only expand our offering for popular regulations, but also address the "long tail of compliance." This will allow us to continue to implement our vision of ComplianceOnline.com as the destination website for any governance, compliance and quality professional anywhere in the world."